- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Perfect for people with multiple chemical sensitivities and needs an air filter that doesn’t offgas
- HEGA – High Efficiency Gas Absorption both carbon cloth gas trapping and HEPA particles filtration
- HEGA lasts up to 30% longer than conventional carbon/zeolite filters and weighs 13 pounds less
- Uses very little energy even on highest settings, 3 speed control switch, air flow 400 cfm
- 5 year warranty on all parts and labor, replacement HEGA filter costs are low
The Austin Air HEGA air purifier is an economical answer to allergen, VOC, gas and odor removal. Reports by consumer experts indicate that Austin HEGA Standard and Jr. Air Purifiers are perfect for someone who: (1) Has multiple chemical sensitivities and needs an air filter that doesn’t offgas (2) Needs HEPA particulate (small particle) filtration as well as gases, odors and or smoke problems (3) Is a city dweller with medium particulate allergies who also may have city or neighborhood pollutants that produce odors, gases and or soot. Most people have heard of HEPA filtration which is HIGH EFFICIENCY PARTICULATE ADSORPTION filtration (good for small particles such as dust, danger, pollen, mold, etc.) Some allergy sufferers also need chemicals, odors, and gases removed from their environments (new homes, city living, apartment living). This type of gas filtration is usually achieved by using some type of carbon or carbon/zeolite pellets to absorb the gases and odors. Some manufacturers are now also using a carbon cloth filter for gas and odor control. Austin Air’s product development team developed a method for combining the carbon cloth’s gas trapping properties with HEPA particles filtration. Austin engineers named their new filtration discovery HEGA – High Efficiency Gas Adsorption. Activated carbon is woven into a lightweight cloth, which is powerful enough to protect military personnel from toxic poisons.